Alert Neighbor Spots Hamilton Mill Package Thief
Neighbor followed the suspects and was able to recover the stolen package after the thieves dumped it behind a business.
The thieves got away, but, thanks to an alert neighbor, a stolen package was recovered.
On Feb. 4, police were dispatched to a theft in progress call. A Hamilton Mill resident had called police to advise he had witnessed two male suspects take a package off a neighbor’s porch.
The man followed the suspect’s green Ford F150 and saw them pull behind a business on Hog Mountain Road before fleeing the location. An officer located the stolen package behind the business.
According to the neighbor, the two suspects were white males in their late teens or early twenties. The neighbor was able to provide police with a tag number of the suspect vehicle.
The officer later spoke with the owner of the package who confirmed that she had not given anyone permission to retrieve the package from her residence. The package, according to the owner, contained approximately $100 worth of marketing materials.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- ‘It’s Not Me Man!’: Arrestee Proclaims Innocence As Officer Approaches Vehicle
- Burglar Smashes Front Window of Hamilton Mill Area Business
- Dozens of Cars Broken Into Since Jan. 1, Primary Items Taken Were Handguns and Electronics
- GCPD Searching for Suspect in 21 Car Break-ins
- Two Pistols, Aviation Radio Among Items Stolen During Movie Theater Car Break-ins
- Man Looking for ‘Lost’ Vehicle Claims Gas Station Is His Home
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana in the 400 block of Tanner Road.
- Theft by taking in the 3200 block of Mill Grove Terrace.
- Amphetamine possession near the intersection of Bold Springs Road and Harbins Road.
- Criminal damage in the 600 block of Bartow Drive.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 200 block of Dacula Road.
- Theft by taking in the 1700 block of Drowning Creek Road.
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana in the 2600 block of Drowning Creek Road.
- Theft by taking in the 2900 block of Luke Edwards Road.
- Entering auto in the 400 block of Rabbit Hill Road.