Around the Region: Wandering Ponies, Police Impersonators and Attempted Murder Arrest
A look at top Patch stories from around Georgia.
Ponies Found Wandering Through Neighborhood – Buckhead Patch
Two pet Shetland Ponies were found wandering a Buckhead neighborhood early Saturday morning.
After Fulton County Animal Control had been notified, the person who found the ponies hooked the gentle animals up to a dog leash and walked them into her fenced-in back yard for the night, according to an article by the AJC.
She then posted photos of the ponies on the The Mt. Paran-Northside Citizens Association website under the headline, "Found: Two Shetland ponies. (REALLY)."
The animals' caretaker saw the ad and picked them up — still safe and sound — later that day.
Visit Buckhead Patch for more on this story.
Police Impersonators Steal Woman’s Wallet During Pullover – Cartersville Patch
The Paulding County Sheriff's Office has issued an alert after a woman had her wallet taken by two men in a black Ford Crown Victoria with a blue light on the dashboard. The woman was driving in southern Paulding County when pulled over thinking she was being stopped by law enforcement officers.
The men, said to have been dressed in business attire, approached the driver, who was alone. Once the men made contact with her, one of them took her wallet. Both men then fled the scene.
Cartersville Patch has additional details.
Attempted Murder Suspect Arrested on I-20 – Douglasville Patch
Travaris Banks, 29, was arrested on July 3 by the Douglas County Sheriff's Department during an Interstate 20 stop by the Sheriff's F.I.N.D. Unit. One of the occupants gave a false name to officers and further investigation on scene revealed the true identity of the subject to be Travaris Banks. It was then confirmed that Banks had a confirmed warrant out of Tuscaloosa, Ala. for attempted murder.
Banks was taken into custody without incident.
See Douglasville Patch for further information.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Deputy Shoots Swordsman, Knife-Wielding Woman Attacks Officer and 27 Displaced by Apartment Fire
- John Deere Tractor Struck by Pickup, Lawmaker Victim of Car Break-in and Detectives Pursue Leads in Shooting
- Semipro Football Team to Hit Field, Church Spares 150-Year-Old Tree and More Coyotes Sighted
- Parolee Charged With Murder, Man Arrested for Shooting Brother and Walmart Shoppers Find More Syringes
- Two Charged With Dunwoody Murder, Teen Thief Caught After Using Stolen Police Radio and Parolee Arrested for Multiple Burglaries