Bank Robbery, Self-Defense Homicide and Three-Story Fall
A look at top Patch stories from around Georgia.
Police Search for Bank Robber – Douglasville Patch
The robber was wearing an old man mask and claimed he had a gun, Douglasville Police Deputy Chief Gary Sparks said. He never, however, displayed a weapon.
Apparent Self-Defense Homicide Occurs at Hotel – Duluth Patch
Gwinnett County Police officers responded to a report of a person shot at the Extended Stay Deluxe at 3390 Venture Parkway in unincorporated Duluth at about 4:40 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Responding officers located Kia Yvette Jeffries, 37, outside near the building. She had serious injuries to her head and face. Jeffries told officers she had shot her husband in self-defense, according to Cpl. Jake Smith in a media release.
Six-Year-Old Dunwoody Girl Recovering from Three-Story Fall – Dunwoody Patch
Youthful play turned dangerous Sunday night when a local girl fell out of a three-story window after jumping on her bed.
The Dunwoody girl was quickly rushed to Scottish Rite hospital, where she was admitted with minor injuries.
Police and fire units responded to the scene at the Wellesley Apartments on Meadow Lane on Sunday, and discovered the child had fallen approximately 40 to 50 feet.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Police Pursuit Ends in Crash, Woman Finds Burglars in Yard and Suspect Sought in Sexual Assaults
- Fox Attack, Bandana-Wearing Robbers and Thwarted Home Invasion
- Fiery Ferrari Crash Injures 2, Facebook ‘Friend’ Sends Nude Pics and Man Kills Fox That Attacked Worker, Dogs
- Margaritas and M-16s, Jail House Graffiti and Home Invasion Arrests
- Jewelry Store Burglary, Arnold Schwarzeneggar Filming and Motorcycle Helmet Assault
- Ferrari Crash Victim Dies of Injuries, Accused Samurai Sword Killer on Trial and Arrest Made in White Water Sexual Battery Incidents