Customer Demands Food and Pushes Cash Register to Floor in Restaurant Temper Tantrum
Mother became agitated and broke cash register at local fast food restaurant after her son's attempt to dispute an order was unsuccessful.
An irritated mother took her anger out on a cash register during a March 12 incident at the Dacula Wendy's.
Police were called to the Hamilton Creek Parkway restaurant in response to an altercation between a female customer and the store manager. According to the police report, a male customer entered the store and said he did not receive the meal he ordered in the drive-thru. The store manager checked the receipt and advised the customer that he did, in fact, receive the correct order. The customer proceeded to leave the store and return with his mother.
The mother, described by the manager as an older black female, began arguing with the store manager and demanding food. The manager told the customers they could buy additional items if they would like. The mother allegedly became extremely agitated and began cursing. She then grabbed the register and pushed it off of the counter onto the floor causing the register to break. The mother and son subsequently left the scene in a white Chevy extended cab pickup truck with Michigan tags. The store manager provided police with a partial tag number of 0803.
The female customer was described as approximately 5-foot-9, 180 pounds with black hair. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and long-sleeved red shirt. The incident was captured on video surveillance.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Identity fraud in the 1200 block of Paiute Court.
- First-degree forgery in the 300 block of Beckenham Walk Drive.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Simple battery at Braselton Highway and Gravel Springs Road.
- Drug offenses in the 1700 block of Lake Heights Circle.
- Battery in the 500 block of Cedar Court.
- Entering auto in the 2800 block of Jona Trail.
- Simple battery in the 1600 block of Dacula Oaks Trail.
- Simple battery in the 1300 block of Lamont Circle.
- Minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Dacula Road and Old Peachtree Road.
- Simple assault in the 2000 block of Lakeland Drive.
- FTC fraud in the 2100 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Minor in possession of alcohol in the 1500 block of Smoke Hill Drive.
- Burglary in the 2700 block of Brookton Lane.
- Criminal damage in the second degree in the 2100 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway
- Theft by taking in the 600 block of Dacula Road
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.