Dacula City Council to Discuss Second Avenue Traffic Project
City plans to abandon construction project in favor of less expensive alternative.
Now that an alternative plan has been approved, the Dacula City Council is scheduled to discuss abandoning a construction project for Second Avenue.
Earlier this month, the Dacula City Council voted 3-1 to move forward with a plan to install traffic sticks on the right hand side of the roadway where one-way travel begins on Second Avenue. Now the council must decide whether to officially abandon the previously approved road project for Second Avenue that would have created a two-way entrance at the intersection of Second Avenue and Dacula Road.
Other items to be discussed during the Aug. 30 work session include:
- A proposal to authorize Precision Planning to engineer a sanitary sewer system from the Stanley Road pump station to Lakeside Drive.
- An update on city projects.
The Dacula City Council meets at Dacula City Hall, 442 Harbins Road in Dacula. The work session is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
You might also be interested in reading:
- County Objects to Proposed Dacula Annexation
- Dacula Maintenance Building and Unpaid Sanitation Fees on Dacula City Council Agenda This Week
- Dacula City Council Discusses Maintenance Building Bids
- Dacula Maintenance Building Bid, Zoning Case on Council Agenda
- Traffic Stick Installation Planned to Deter Wrong Way Travel
- Petitioner Obtains Enough Signatures for Package Store Referendum