What Are Your Driving Pet Peeves?
So many peeves, so little time ...
These forums can be informative and entertaining, they can also be a good way to get to know the people who live around you or just vent a bit. With that in mind, I thought we might try something a little different with this feature.
Rather than discussing politics or current events or other news subjects, "Dacula Q&A" will be dedicated to lighter topics. If you have a suggestion for a discussion topic, please leave a comment or email me at Kristi.Reed@Patch.com.
To get us started, let's discuss something most of us can relate to -- driving and pet peeves about driving and the driving habits of others. I actually have a pretty long list, but I'll start with my top five:
1. Drivers who are not handicapped, but choose to park in handicap spaces and or the gore between spaces. The gore is there so that people who use wheelchairs have room to get out of their vehicles. It is not a prettily-striped parking space!! And while I am on the subject, handicap spaces are not cart return areas!
2. Drivers who do not understand the concept of yielding when turning left.
3. Drivers who speed in school zones and school parking lots.
4. Tailgaters (You know who you are and you are a brake check away from a lawsuit).
5. Drivers who run red lights. If they ever install a red light camera at Hamilton Mill Road and Braselton Highway, they'll make a fortune.
What driving activties do you find most irritating?