Dacula Mayor Issues Proclamation in Honor of National Girl Scout Cookie Day
Friday, Feb. 8 is National Girl Scout Cookie Day.
During the Feb. 7 Dacula City Council meeting, Mayor Jimmy Wilbanks issued a proclamation declaring today, Feb. 8, as Girl Scout Cookie Day in Dacula (see video).
National Girl Scout Cookie Day is a celebration of what the Girl Scouts describe as the "world's largest girl-led business."
The Girl Scouts website lists several ways to celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Day:
- Download the Girl Scout cookie iPhone or Android app to find cookie sales.
- Learn more about Girl Scout cookies by watching Girl Scouts give you advice or downloading our simple guide.
- Learn about the 5 Skills girls develop through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
- Visit the Girl Scout Blog for up-to-the-minute updates.
- Check the route of the Girl Scout Cookie Truck as it makes its way through New York City.
- Look for the Girl Scouts one-day-only Facebook contest on Feb. 8 and tell the Girl Scouts on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram why you'd recommend buying #onemorebox.
- Purchase cookie memorabilia—especially our iconic cookie glasses!
Do you have a daughter participating in Girl Scout cookie sales? Let the community know how to make a cookie purchase from your troop by leaving a comment. Also, be sure to tell us what your favorite cookie is.