Dating Website Wants Local Town to Change Its Name
The company's offers have already been rejected by several other cities.
Is $3.75 million a fair price to temporarily change a city's name? That is how much a dating website has offered the City of Sugar Hill if they will rename the city SugarDaddie.com.
"We've received one counteroffer, one 'Get out of town,' one 'Interesting, we don't have a counteroffer, but we'll allow you to speak at the city hall meeting and plead your case' and now this is the fourth city," Shuster said.
Sugar Hill, he explained, was selected due to Mayor Gary Pirkle's reputation for trying to do more with less.
Shuster plans to visit Sugar Hill in the near future in hopes of making his case in person, but has already received a counteroffer from Mayor Pirkle.
You might also be interested in reading:
- 1-Star or 5-Star Restaurants? How Would You Rate These Buford Businesses
- First Burger 21 Franchise in Metro Atlanta Area to Be Located in Buford
- Owner: Club Will Be ‘the Disneyland of Gun Ranges’
- This Week's Featured Business: Mirko Pasta
- Landscaping, Financial Services and Other Buford Businesses Obtain Licenses