Dozens of Campaign Signs Stolen in Apalachee Farms
Gwinnett County District 3 commission candidate Mike Korom said approximately 100 signs were taken.
Though he says his campaign has been going very well, Dacula resident and Gwinnett County District 3 commission candidate Mike Korom knows he has not won everyone over -- in particular the person or persons who stole dozens of his campaign signs Thursday evening.
"It's pretty clear that it's someone supporting another candidate," Korom joked.
In total, the thief or thieves took approximately 100 campaign signs from various sections of Apalachee Farms. A larger sign that had been erected in front of Del Rio was also taken, Korom said.
Korom believes the thefts occurred between midnight and 6 a.m. Friday morning. So far, no witnesses have come forward and none of the signs have been recovered.
Korom has filed a police report and plans to replace the missing signs as soon as possible.
Korom asked that anyone with information about the missing signs contact Gwinnett County Police at 770-513-5100 or call him directly at 404-427-6762.
Korom, Tommy Hunter and Jerry Oberholtzer are challenging incumbent Mike Beaudreau in the July 31 primary.
You might also be interested in reading:
- What Would You Ask the Gwinnett County District 3 Candidates?
- Candidates Square off at Dacula Forum
- Your Representative May Have Changed - Click to Find Out
- CEO: TSPLOST Needed to Give Metro Area 'Sex Appeal'
- Patch Survey: GOP Leaders Show Widespread Opposition to TSPLOST
- Political Activist Says He Is ‘Totally, Absolutely’ Disgusted