Gun Stolen out of Unlocked Car
Weapon had been left in the glove box of vehicle.
A Dacula woman walked outside her Freemans Walk Path home on the morning of April 14 and discovered the doors on her vehicle were open.
The boyfriend had placed his .38 caliber Ruger in the glove box of the vehicle when he and the woman had gone out to eat the previous evening. When the couple returned home, the boyfriend forgot to remove the handgun and the woman failed to lock her car.
The woman said the only item missing from the vehicle was the handgun.
According to the boyfriend, the Ruger had a fully loaded magazine, but no round in the chamber. The handgun has an estimated value of $300.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Simple battery in the 1100 block of Lily Valley Drive.
- Burglary in the 2100 block of Malden Hill Drive.
- Possession of less than one ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Harbins Road and Highway 316.
- Identity fraud in the 2200 block of Granite Path Court.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 1700 block of Archmont Circle.
- Theft, lost or mislaid property in the 2400 block of Hamilton Mill Road.
- Identity fraud in the 4100 block of Mark Todd Court.
- Possession of less than one ounce of marijuana near the intersection of I-85 and Hamilton Mill Road.
- Theft by taking in the 1700 block of Harbins Road.