Hamilton Mill Resident Reports Gun Stolen
Man is unsure when or where the theft occurred.
A Hamilton Mill resident told police he does not know when or where his wife’s vehicle was when someone entered it and stole a revolver.
The man told police he noticed the weapon was missing on Oct. 13. According to the Gwinnett County Police report, he had last seen the Smith and Wesson .38 revolver the week prior.
The man said he checks on the gun any time he gets in his wife’s car and added the vehicle must have been unlocked at the time of the theft since there were no signs of forced entry.
The man was able to provide police with a serial number for the revolver. The weapon is valued at $500.
AOL autos offers the following car break-in prevention tips:
- Lock your doors.
- Keep personal belongings out of sight.
- Stow power cords, adapters and other items that might tip thieves off to the presence of concealed GPS units, iPods and other devices.
- Secure your personal belongings before, not after, you park. Thieves may be watching to see if you stow any valuables in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Completely close windows and sunroofs.
- Get an alarm.
- Stick with your original audio equipment. After market stereos are often an attractive target for thieves.
- Park in a busy, well-lit area.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Obscene Gesture Leads to Confrontation in Hamilton Mill
- Job Seeker Turns Robber After Learning Business Not Hiring
- Home Invaders Flee After Woman Yells at Them
- Police Investigating Multiple Burglaries Involving Suspects in Green SUV
- Arrest Made in Burglary Cases Involving Green SUV
- Woman Says She Was Robbed, Beaten With Chair Leg