Hebron Coach Gets 100th Career Win
A look at recent happenings in Dacula area schools.
Here's a look at recent news, events and accomplishments in our area schools:
- April 4-8 is Spring Break for the Gwinnett County School System.
- Mill Creek Senior Tyler Cierski was chosen as the Dacula Patch Outstanding Student of the Week.
- Dacula High School graduation is set for May 30 at 4 p.m.
- Hebron Baseball Coach Heath Kennedy recently recorded his 100th career win.
- Dacula Middle held its 7th Annual DMS 3-on-3 Tournament on Friday, April 1
- The Dacula Middle School Student Council Talent Show took place last Tuesday, March 29.
- Osborne Middle School Readers Rally Team brought home the first place title in the Gwinnett County Middle School Readers Rally competition.
- Osborne Middle School earned a Gold ranking from the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement.
- Several Fort Daniel Elementary students’ entries in the Reflections Program moved on to the State level and were displayed at the High Museum in Atlanta. Those students were:
- Kindergarten: 1st Place - Abigail Dahlberg
- 3rd grade: 2nd place- Anna Oswald
- 4th grade: 1st place - Courtney Rubio
- 2nd grade: 2nd place - Lauren Gomez
- 4th grade: 1st place - Heather Morris
- 4th grade: 1st place - Emily King
- 4th grade: 2nd place - Nicole Horn
- 1st grade: 1st place - Brantly Bush
- 2nd grade: 2nd place- McKinley Richardson
- 2nd grade: 1st place - Jordan Rice
- On Tuesday, March 29 Alcova Elementary parents attended a “Literacy at Home” workshop to learn more about how to help children develop reading, writing, and listening skills.
- Dacula Elementary received the SSAS Bronze Award for 2010 for highest percentage in students meeting and exceeding standards.
- Duncan Creek Elementary held its annual Spring Fling on Saturday March 26.
- The Puckett’s Mill Odyssey of the Mind Team advanced to the State Competition.
- Hebron Christian Academy will host Camp Invention this summer June 20-24, visit www.hebronlions.org for info, open to students from all schools
- Mill Creek Cluster Students Grades K-8 are invited to register for the K-8 Student Literacy Institute that will run July 25-28 from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. contact Melanie_Mount@gwinnett.k12.ga.us