Man Arrested After Urinating Next to I-85 Guardrail
Officer noted the man was in public view of every passing motorist on I-85 north.
An argument with his wife started a series of events that ended with a trip to jail for a Buford man.
On Feb. 25 at approximately 8:40 p.m., Gwinnett County Police received a 911 call about a man walking in traffic on I-85 northbound near mile marker 114, one mile south of the Mall of Georgia exit.
"When I arrived, I saw a white male standing next to the guardrail urinating in public view of every passing motorist on I-85 north," the officer wrote in the report.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Man Clad Only in Underwear Causes Disturbance at Buford Hotel
- Man: ‘I Took 34 Cold Pills’
- Woman Flashes Passing Motorist While Fleeing From Police
- Intoxicated, Aggressive Male Found Lying in Restaurant Parking Lot
- Man Objects to Wife’s Boss Telling Woman to ‘Get Her Head Right’
- Man’s Reason for Urinating in Public: ‘Because Dude’
The male, later identified as Kurt Maczei, 48, of Buford, was wet and covered in mud. Maczei told the officer he and his wife had an argument at the Walmart on Lawrenceville Suwanee Road. According to Maczei, his wife kicked him out of the car and he decided to walk home via the interstate.
"Maczei was very intoxicated and had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage coming from his breath," the officer noted. "He told me he had four beers earlier."
Maczei was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct and for walking along the interstate. He was released the following day on a $203 bond.