Man Returns Home From Work to Find Door Pried Open, House Burglarized
Storage building also burglarized.
A Dacula man returned home to an unwelcome surprise on Jan. 15.
According to the Gwinnett County Police report, the man went to work at approximately 7 a.m. on Jan. 15. When he arrived home around 5:20 p.m., he found the front door of his house had been pried open and that his home had been burglarized. Part of the door frame was found on the living room floor just inside the door and pry marks were visible along the door and door frame near the deadbolt.
The only item reported missing from inside the residence was a laptop computer valued at $400. The man also advised a weed eater valued at $150 was missing from a storage shed in the back yard.
Due to recent rains, the front yard of the Bold Springs Road residence had a muddy area. The investigating officer was able to locate a tire track in the yard believed to have been left by the suspect’s vehicle. The track was photographed and the image entered into evidence.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Officer Stops Driver for Littering, Finds Contents of Stolen Packages in Car
- Officer Stops to Investigate Parked Car, Arrests Occupants
- ATV Stolen off of Trailer Parked in Front of Home
- Student Fends off Burglar With a 7-Iron
- Man Looks Away From Poker Table, Turns Back to Discover iPhone Missing
- Zaxby's Warns Customers of Potential Security Breach at Dacula Store