Man Shoots at Utility Workers, Sheriff's Office Replaces Child's Stolen Presents and Murder Suspect Sought
A look at top stories from Patch sites across Georgia.
Man Arrested for Shooting at Utility Workers - Cumming Patch
A Gainesville man was arrested early Wednesday morning after he allegedly shot at utility workers who were near the man's home attempting to restore power due to trees that had fallen on the power lines.
Donald Josh Deal, 62, of Holland Drive located off Brown's Bridge Road, is being held at the Hall County jail on two counts of aggravated assault, according to Sgt. Stephen Wilbanks.
When presents for a little girl were discovered missing from the car of a family visiting friends in Oconee County early Christmas morning, Sheriff's Office personnel took it upon themselves to make sure the 3-year-old would have gifts to open.
Oconee 911 Center operators and deputies worked to replace as many of the presents as possible to ensure that the daughter of the victim had gifts on Christmas morning, according to the report.
East Cobb Man Wanted for Allegedly Killing Ex-Wife - East Cobb Patch
An East Cobb woman died Saturday after being attacked in her home, and Cobb Police have issued a murder warrant for her ex-husband.
Cobb Police Spokesman Officer Michael Bowman said Donna Nations Kristofak, 48, died after being taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital.
John Stephen Kristofak, 58, is wanted for murder and aggravated assault, and police say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Van Crashes Into Jewelry Store, Silverware Thieves Strike Five Homes and Council Passes Gay Marriage Resolution
- High Tech Peeping Tom Sought, School Paraprofessional Arrested and Robbery Suspect Shot
- Movie Filming in Metro Area, Boy Seriously Injured in Accident and Human Error Blamed for Carbon Monoxide Leak
- Scantily Clad Santas, Dead Body and a Pie Thief
- Stolen Car Crashes Into Police Cruiser, Student Killed in Accident and Man Tries Again to Have Former Business Partner Killed
- Murder-Suicide, Life Plus 205 Years Jail Sentence and Fatal Crash