Approximately 500 people were on hand Friday night to watch 16 talented performers compete for the title of Mill Creek Idol 2012.
Judges Katherine Alexander, Christian Garcia and Melissa Smith were tasked with selecting the overall winner of the competition while the audience chose the recipient of the People’s Choice Award.
Host Tyler Badger said roughly 40 students auditioned for this year’s Mill Creek Idol. The 16 finalists and their song choices were:
- Lexi Sachse – “Red High Heels” by Kellie Pickler
- Joi Dukes – “At Last” by Etta James (accompanied by Nick Austin on guitar)
- Joshua Jones – "Waiting on the World to Change"
- Jenna Mabie – “Good Girl” by Carrie Underwood
- Amanda Merry – “Georgia Peaches” by Lauren Alania
- Brittni Watkins – “Beauty From Pain” by Superchick
- Olivia O’Driscoll – “Invisible” by Ashlee Simpson
- Megan Gil – “Someone Like You” by Adele
- JoJo Patton – “Letters From Home” by John Michael Montgomery
- Charlie Ha – “Listen” by Beyonce
- Kali Zeigler – “Mercy” by Duffy
- Bianca Robinson – “One Night Only” by Jennifer Hudson
- Jeremy Armstrong – “You’ll Never Leave Me” by Hillsong
- Stephen Day – “I Don’t Want to Be” by Gavin DeGraw
- Jordan Lukat – “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
- Kristen LaFevers – “Right As Rain” by Adele (accompanied by Nick Austin on guitar)
At the end of the evening, Stephen Day was named both the People’s Choice Award winner and Mill Creek Idol 2012.
The event also featured a performance by the Mill Creek High School Spectrum Showchoir. Others participating in the April 20 production were co-hosts Hope Douds and Robin Day, stage manager Whitney Rudeseal, technical producer Brendan Yang, sound technician Ian Brown and light technicians Ricky Coca and Ryan Kibildis.
Watch the video for clips from Mill Creek Idol 2012 and leave a comment below to let us know who would have received your vote.