News Nearby: Man Claims Waffle House Employees ‘Started to Act Crazy’
Waffle House employees beg to differ.
A Buford man ended up in handcuffs after a more than four-hour visit at the Buford Highway Waffle House.
Gwinnett County Police were called to the restaurant shortly after 1:30 a.m. on Aug. 18 after Robert E. Leak, 58, of 1325 Hidden Circle Drive in Buford, allegedly refused to leave. According to the shift manager, Leak had been at Waffle House since 9 p.m.
When questioned by police, Leak denied any wrongdoing and said he was just trying to eat when the employees “started to act crazy.” The officer noticed a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on Leak’s person and asked the man how much alcohol he had consumed. Leak, according to the police report, admitted having three beers. The officer also noted that Leak’s eyes were extremely bloodshot and that he was having difficulty standing in one place without swaying.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Bull-Wrestler Arrested After Refusing to Leave Party
- Bar Manager Assaulted, Attacker Gets Head 'Stomped'
- Woman Hit Over Head With Beer Bottle During Bar Fight
- Arrestee to Officer: ‘You Have a Lot of [Expletive Deleted] Nerve’
- Bar Patron Gives ‘The Mean Mug,’ Punches Two Men in Jaw