Restaurant Scores a 71, Handling Ready to Eat Foods With Bare Hands Among Violations Noted
A look at the most recent restaurant inspections by the East Metro Health District.
The East Metro Health District is tasked with ensuring restaurant compliance with applicable health and safety regulations. The following restaurant scores are the most recent scores posted on the East Metro Health District website as of Jan. 15.
Want to praise your favorite restaurant or warn others about a bad experience? Post your own restaurant review blog by clicking here. You can also rate and review these and hundreds of other Dacula area businesses and restaurants in our directory.
Do you dine in the Buford area? See 'Mold-Like Substance' Found in Drink Machine and Other Violations Noted During Recent Restaurant Inspections for the most recent Buford area health inspections.
Click on the report links for details regarding the specific violations.
- Violation of Code: [.03(5)(c) ] Employee put on gloves to handle ready to eat foods without washing his hands first. Had him discard gloves and wash hands before donning new gloves. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(a) ] Employee handling ginger and wasabi with his bare hands. Had him stop discard food, wash hands and don gloves. Employees must not use their bare hands to contact ready to eat foods, they must use gloves, paper, tongs etc. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(c)1(i)-(iii),(v),(viii) ] Cook touched raw salmon with gloves then touched cooked salmon with the same gloves. Salmon wash discarded. Ready to eat foods must be protected from raw foods. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(6)(d) ] Rice cooked last night at more than 41F. Rice was discarded. Foods must be properly cooled from 135-70F within 2 hours and from 70-41F in 4 hrs for a total of 6 hours. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(6)(i) ] Breadsticks not marked with a time. Breadsticks were mar5ked with the proper time. All potentially hazardous foods under time as a control must be marked with a time when prepared and discarded within 4 hours. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.03(5)(f) ] Person in charge preparing food with barehands and artificial nails. Had employee stop preparing food and explained she must wear gloves if prepaing food. Food employees may not wear nail polish or artificial nails when working with exposed food, unless wearing gloves. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Remarks: Make sure most current inspection is posted in the drive thru window. Time as a control is a repeat violation if it occurs on the next routine inspection facility is subject to closure.
- Violation of Code: [.04(7)(c) ] Multiple bulk containers not labeled with the common name of the food. Containers labeled. Food taken from its original container and stored in bulk must be labeled with the common name of the food. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(k) ] Using cups to scoop product in bulk containers. Cups were removed explained they must use utensils with a handle. Utensils must be stored so that their handles are above the level of the food. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.03(5)(i) ] Employee preparing food without a hair restraint. Employee put on hair restraint. Employees with hair longer than a 1/2 inch must wear a proper hair restraint. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.07(2)(t) ] Small child sleeping on a makeshift bed. Sleeping areas must be kept separate from food service areas. New Violation.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Hamilton Mill Area Restaurant Gets OK to Reopen After Permit Suspended
- Check out the Latest Scores for Dacula Mexican Restaurants
- Rodent Droppings Found at Dacula Restaurant
- Dacula Mexican Restaurant Scores an 80 During Most Recent Health Inspection
- Check out the Latest Scores for Dacula Pizza Places