Shoplifter Steals Beer, Wine From Hog Mountain Kroger
Manager makes unsuccessful attempt to stop theft.
A shoplifter managed to escape the Hog Mountain Kroger with approximately $50 worth of merchandise despite an attempt by the manager to foil the thief.
Police were called to the store on July 16 after a shoplifter left the store with a grocery cart of alcoholic beverages and other items.
According to the police report, the manager saw a female suspect leaving the store without paying for what he described as two 12-pack boxes of a “Mexican” brand of beer and a bottle of wine. The manager followed the suspect out of the store and asked for her receipt. The suspect ignored the manager and began loading the merchandise into a beige passenger car, which was parked in the fire lane and occupied by a blonde “skinny” white male suspect in his early 20s.
Upon realizing the manager was writing down the plate number, the female suspect attempted to cover the plate with a t-shirt. The manager pulled the t-shirt off the plate in order to obtain the rest of the tag number. The plate, he advised police, was Georgia tag BTL0164.
At that point, the male drove away leaving the female suspect behind. Before driving away, the male reportedly said, “Just leave it. I’m not going back to jail today.”
After the male drove off, the female, who the manager described as approximately 5-foot-3, white, possibly Hispanic, in her early 20s with curly brown hair, began walking towards Braselton Highway. A few moments later, the male suspect returned to pick up the female.
The manager provided police with video surveillance of the suspect and said he wished to prosecute if the suspect could be located. The case is listed as active.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Entering auto in the 1200 block of Auburn Road.
- Vandalism in the 1800 block of Hampton Walk Court.
- Two cases of entering auto in the 3900 block of Hog Mountain Road.
- Public indecency in the 2800 block of Hamilton Mill Road, NE
- Burglary in the 1700 block of Campbell Ives Drive.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2700 block of Braselton Highway.
- Entering auto in the 1100 block of Shellnut Trail.
- Battery in the 1700 block of King's Cross Court.
- Theft by taking in the 1900 block of Hamilton Mill Parkway.
- Vandalism in the 2300 block of Beckenham Place.
- Armed robbery of residence in the 1900 block of Hamilton Mill Parkway.
- Battery in the 2300 block of Manor Oak Court.
- Entering auto in the 3900 and 4000 block of Triton Ives Drive.
- Theft by taking in the 500 block of Heritage Woods Drive.
- Theft by taking in the 2600 block of Colleen Lane NE
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.