Should Sanitation Fees Be Included on Property Tax Bills?
Gwinnett County already includes trash fees on property tax bills and the City of Dacula is considering doing the same.
The City of Dacula has planned two public hearings to gather input from citizens regarding a proposal to add sanitation fees to property tax bills.
While adding sanitation fees to property tax bills can be more cost effective for the billing entity and potentially increase collection rates, it can have a negative impact on property owners by increasing monthly mortgage payments and escrow fees.
Do you think the City of Dacula should add sanitation fees to its property tax bills? If you are a county resident, do you like having your sanitation fees billed on your property taxes? Let us know in the comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- County Says Impact on Escrow Account Holders Was Considered In Trash Plan
- Legislation Proposed to Remove Fees from Property Tax Bills
- Should Senior Citizens Get a Discount on County Garbage Fees?
- Trash Fees Going Up for County Residents
- Gwinnett County Resident Responds To Ruling In Trash Lawsuit