Student’s iPhone Stolen During Track Practice
Cell phone provider offers to assist authorities in tracking the phone.
A Dacula High School sophomore became a theft victim while at track practice on Feb. 15.
According to the police report, the teen's iPhone 4S was stolen out of the boys’ locker room sometime between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. The victim advised that the cell phone provider has offered to assist authorities in locating the phone.
The stolen phone is valued at $399.
Several services exist to help smartphone owners locate stolen or lost devices. One app, Find My iPhone, is available through the iTunes store and allows users to locate a missing device on a map. Users may then choose to display a message, play at sound at full volume, remotely lock the device or erase the data on the device.
Several other apps including iLocalis, Mobile Spy and iHound are also available.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Possession of less than one ounce of marijuana in the 1600 block of Cordillo Court.
- Burglary in the 1700 block of Alcovy Road.
- Simple battery in the 3500 block of Indian Shoals Road.
- Simple battery in the 1300 block of Wilkes Crest Drive.
- First degree forgery in the 3900 block of Lily Stem Drive.
- Battery in the 2800 block of Majestic Circle.
- Battery near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Parkway and Highland Forge Trail.
- Theft by receiving/possession of a stolen vehicle in the 2400 block of Braselton Highway.
- Simple battery in the 2400 block of Millwater Crossing.
- Simple battery in the 1500 block of Wilkes Crest Drive.
- DUI arrest near the intersection of Braselton Highway and Gravel Springs Road.
- Tag recovery near the intersection of Harbins Road and Highway 316.