Sugarloaf Parkway Overpass Across 316 Opens Tuesday
The overpass, entrance and exit ramps at Sugarloaf and State Route 316 in Dacula will open immediately after a 3:30 p.m. ribbon cutting ceremony.
The Sugarloaf Parkway extension at State Route 316 is scheduled to open Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 11, after a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
According to a Gwinnett County press release, the ceremony will take place at 3:30 p.m. and feature several county and state officials.
Here's the county's description of the project:
This section of the project extends Sugarloaf Parkway over SR 316 in Dacula and includes the bridge overpass and entrance and exit ramps, enhancing east-west connectivity across Gwinnett and completing the 6-mile extension from SR 20 south of Lawrenceville to SR 316 in the Dacula area.
The 2009 SPLOST sales tax program primarily funded the $15 million project to construct the ramps and section of Sugarloaf Parkway from Campbell Road to the south side of SR 316 that opened this summer. The Georgia Department of Transportation provided $2.5 million for the construction of this section of the project.
Will this extension make your commute easier? Let us know in the comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Sugarloaf Parkway Extension Construction Site Burglarized
- Newest Section of Sugarloaf Parkway Now Open
- Ribbon Cutting of Sugarloaf Parkway Extension Phase 1
- Another Segment of Sugarloaf Parkway Opens
- Future Sugarloaf Extension Could Be a Toll Road
- Sugarloaf Parkway Exit Design Flawed
- Sugarloaf Parkway Extends Further toward Dacula