Thieves Strike Twice at Elderly Woman’s Home
Attempted burglary takes place just weeks after first burglary.
A 76-year-old woman became a victim of crime for the second time in less than a month after a thief or thieves attempted to burglarize a building on her property.
The first incident, which was reported on Jan. 8, occurred while the elderly woman was visiting her son in the hospital. When the woman returned to her Braselton Highway home, she discovered several items missing from her carport. The woman’s storage shed had also been burglarized.
The woman contacted police again on Feb. 3 after discovering someone had once again attempted to gain entry to her storage building. Nothing was reported missing, but the would-be burglars damaged the door to the building by attempting to pry it open with a metal pole.
There are no suspects in the case.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by Gwinnett County Police include:
- Littering in the 2800 block of Winder Highway.
- Theft by taking in the 1700 block of Autumn Sage Drive.
- Entering auto in the 1600 block of Hamilton Mill Parkway.
- Fraud in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Burglary in the 2800 block of Brookton Lane.
- Burglary in the 1900 block of Brooks Road.
- Assault in the 1100 block of Evergreen Oak Way.
- Theft in the 200 block of Dacula Road.
- First degree forgery in the 2400 block of Hamilton Mill Road.