Tire Deal Ends in Robbery
Dacula man said he feared his life was in danger after several suspects stole money from him and threatened to kill him.
A transaction to sell a set of tires ended badly for a Dacula man when he was allegedly robbed by several of the buyer’s friends.
On Oct. 6, the victim went to a Forrest Road address to sell a man a set of tires in exchange for $200 and an old set of tires.
According to the victim, once the transaction was complete, “four or five” of the buyer’s friends pushed him up against a fence and said, “Don’t move or we will kill you.”
The victim told police the suspects removed $300 from his wallet and told him to leave or they would kill him. The victim left the scene and called police but did not file a report at that time. The victim later met with an officer at the precinct. The victim said he did not file a report initially because he was “out of it” and feared his life was in danger.
The victim provided police with the buyer’s name and address as well as the names of two of the suspects.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Theft by taking in the 3400 block of Zaks Way.
- Theft by taking in the 100 block of Broad Street.
- Identity fraud in the 1200 block of Austin Thomas Drive.
- Simple assault in the 1600 block of Turtle Pond Drive.
- Theft by deception in the 2100 block of Brooks Road.
- Identity fraud in the 1700 block of Campbell Ives Drive.
- Simple battery in the 500 block of Cedar Court.
- Robbery in the 1900 block of Forrest Road.
- Burglary in the 2600 block of Freeman’s Walk Path.
- Burglary in the 2100 block of Winder Highway.
- Aggravated assault in the 1500 block of Whitley Road.
- Aggravated assault in the 1800 block of Lena Carter Road.
- Felon in possession of a firearm near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Theft by taking in the 1300 block of Harbins Road.
- Theft by taking in the 3000 block of Drowning Creek Road.
- Battery in the 4500 block of Duane Drive.
- Aggravated assault in the 1200 block of Hannah Court.
- Prescription fraud/forgery in the 1800 block of Braselton Highway.
- Entering auto in the 1900 block of Beckenham Walk Lane.
- Entering auto in the 2300 block of Beckenham Place.
- Burglary in the 2200 block of Beckenham Place.
- Simple battery in the 2600 block of Braselton Highway.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 1500 block of Bramlett Hill Drive.
- Battery in the 4300 block of Watley Place.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.