Ladies, show the man in your life how much he means to you by finding a Valentine's Day gift he will love. Every man is different and only you know what he likes best, but here are 10 Valentine's Day gift suggestions (in no particular order) to help you get started. Don't forget, you can also show the world how much you love him with a free Dacula Patch e-Valentine. Our top 10 picks:
1. A bear – Well, not necessarily a bear. You could also get a giant fish or a man-sized Georgia Tech Buzz or a concrete bulldog or any number of other unique gifts at Rick’s Custom Wood and Garden. The bear does always catch my eye when I drive by though …
2. Sexy photo shoot – Dacula photographer Tammy Maglovsky offers a variety of photo packages. Maglovsky said some female clients choose boudoir photos while others choose to wear their guy’s favorite jersey or a favorite dress. For $50, clients can purchase a Valentine Shoot that includes the sitting fee, 12 edited images, and a CD with a copyright release. For $90, clients can purchase a shoot that includes the sitting fee, editing and anywhere from 30-40 images on a CD with a copyright release. Shoots must be completed by Feb. 10 for Valentine’s Day delivery. For more information, contact Lasting Moments by Tammy at 770- 871- 5927 or email@example.com.
3. Car care – Does your guy spend more time washing his car than washing his clothes? Help him keep his wheels nice and clean with a gift certificate to Mill Creek Car Wash. Gift certificates are available in any amount. See the cashier at the car wash for details.
4. Kung Fu Fighting – Just kidding. I don’t where you could take Kung Fu lessons, but you can give your loved one Taekwondo, Tai Chi, Yoga or Pilates lessons at Sun Tae Kwon Do. According to instructor Geovanna Brooks, martial arts are a great way to improve mind and body.
5. Time at the lanes - Do you have a bowler on your shopping list? Head to the Dacula Stars and Strikes bowling counter and pick up a gift certificate to provide that special someone with some quality lane time.
6. New sleepwear – Tired of seeing your guy in ratty boxers or old t-shirts? Buy him a new pajama set, robe or briefs at Kohl’s. He’ll enjoy the new threads and you can enjoy how he looks. Prices start around $12.
7. Romantic getaway for you and him – Sure, you could buy him a round of golf and send him out on the links for the day, but why not treat yourself as well? Chateau Elan is offering a romantic his and her getaway that features a deluxe overnight room in the Inn at Château Élan, breakfast for two the following morning in the Versailles Restaurant, a Château Spa Massage or a Chateau Antioxidant Winery Facial for her and one round of golf on the Château course or Woodlands course for him. Prices start at $355.
8. Dedicate a book in his honor – Is your guy a history buff? A car expert? A computer genius? For $25, you can dedicate a book in his honor at the Gwinnett County Public Library. All gift recipients will receive a dedication card. Think his expertise warrants more than just a single book? Dedicate two books for $50, three books for $75, a whole shelf of books for $500 or go all out and dedicate a whole section of books for $2,500. This is a great way to show your love while helping the Dacula Library and Hamilton Mill Library. For more information, call 770-978-5154 or email supportGCPL@gwinnettpl.org.
9. Skin care products – Ladies, we all want to look our best and guess what? So do guys! Did you know Rodan and Fields offers a line of skin care products just for him? Help him enjoy a cleaner shave with no ingrown hairs with the Body Micro-Dermabrasion bar or using the Soothe Sensitive Skin Treatment. Rodan and Fields also offers men a way to roll away the wrinkles with the Anti-age Amp MD System. To learn more about these and other Rodan and Fields products, email Theresa Tambornino at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website at tambornino.myrandf.com. Tambornino is offering 10 percent off plus free shipping to all preferred customers plus a free gift with orders placed by Feb. 10.
10. Dance lessons – Maybe he never takes you dancing because he doesn’t know how to dance. If you think your fella might enjoy hitting the dance floor, sign him up for lessons at Jones Dance Ballroom Studio. Gift certificates are available. Visit the Jones Ballroom website for details.
Originally posted Feb. 3, 2012 at 5 a.m.