Gina's Top 10
10.Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Lean Pork, Beef9. Truvia or Stevia, Agave (natural sweeteners)
8. Silk Vanilla Cream, Skim Milk/low fat, part skim or 2% cheeses
7. All Natural Peanut Butter/Hummus
6. Fruit Spread (all Natural, no sugar added)/Fresh Fruit: Watermelon, Apples, Strawberries, Blueberries
5. Lettuce, Avocado, Tomatoes, Asparagus, Sweet Potatoes
4. Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Toppers/Bob's Rolled Oats/Whole Wheat Pasta
3. Oikos Greek Yogurt/Egg Whites
2. Whey Protein/Pure Protein Bars (when on the go)
1. SMART Water/G2 (before and after workouts)
Avoid food items that list High Fructose Corn Syrup, Enriched (anything), meals with over 600 mg of sodium and foods with more than 9 grams of sugar.
Organic/Fresh fruits and vegetables are a good choice when possible to avoid pesticides, additives and preservatives and to help our local producers.
Deli meats and meats in general are best when purchased directly from your butcher or over the counter deli.
When shopping, avoid the inner aisles except to grab peanut butter, natural sweeteners, Smart water, and G2. There's really not a whole lot to keep you in the center of the store. Most of your shopping should be on the perimeter where you will find your fresh and frozen foods as well as fruits and veggies.
What are your favorites? Post!