As of midnight on Aug. 22, area patients with United Health Care (UHC) insurance coverage will be faced with out-of-network rates if they use a North Georgia Health System (NGHS) provider.
The current contract between NGHS and UHC expired on Aug. 21.
“This is not what we wanted, and we worked very hard to avoid this outcome,” said Melissa Tymchuk, director of Public Relations at Northeast Georgia Health System in a released statement. “After more than eight months of negotiations and multiple meetings leading up to the contract deadline, we were very surprised when United abruptly ended talks four hours before the deadline without finalizing a new agreement. We are hopeful United will change their position and decide to continue discussions with us that would bring us to a fair resolution. At this point, we have yet to hear from them.”
Local NGHS facilities include:
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Urgent Care (all locations including Braselton, Buford and Gainesville)
- The Imaging Center (all locations including Braselton and Gainesville)
- The Rehabilitation Institute (all locations including Braselton, Buford, Cleveland, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Gainesville and Oakwood)
- The Toccoa Cancer Center
- Hospice of Northeast Georgia Medical Center
A complete list of NGHS in-network insurance partners is available online at www.nghs.com/insurance-questions. For more information regarding NGHS’ contract negotiations with United, visit www.nghs.com/united.
You may also be interested in reading: