Gwinnett Technical College in Lawrenceville is hiring for the following jobs:
- Admissions assistant — Greets visitors and students and provides information for the admissions department. Operates a multi-line telephone console. Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail. Processes new student applications/transcripts and prepares student files. Maintains inventory of admissions/registrar materials. Assists with graduation and registration activities. Performs secretarial/clerical duties. High school diploma or GED required, as well as experience working with the public in a customer service environment.
- Shipping and receiving technician — Manages the physical asset process for a technical college. Receives all materials ordered by the college. Establishes and maintains automated and manual filing/inventory system. Conducts periodic physical inventories of property. Processes all outgoing packages for delivery/shipment. Serves as a technical source for other personnel. Minimum qualifications include two years of full-time work experience in a purchasing environment providing administrative or clerical support with designated responsibility for two or more of the following — completing procurement documents, ordering office supplies, material, equipment or services and collecting bid information, communicating with a procurement office or completion of a bachelor's degree in business or public administration or a related field.
Open staff positions with the University of Georgia in Athens:
- Business manager II — Responsible for all financial aspects of the Institute for Behavioral Research. Manages all personnel and work with PIs on new grants after they are awarded and follow through until grant is closed. Completion of a Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or a related discipline with seven years of related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Data management specialist II — Handles data created by the Agricultural and Environmental Services Laboratories — Soil, Plant, and Water Laboratory. Primary functions of this position include data entry, creating and emailing reports, logging in samples, filing and communicating with County Extension Offices.
- Laundry worker — Routine manual work in the operation of laundering equipment and extractors. Work involves a variety of miscellaneous tasks to assure that soiled laundry will be cleaned and returned in a sanitary condition. Minimum qualifications include any combination of education and experience equivalent to the completion of the eighth grade.
Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville is hiring for the following jobs:
- Human resources talent acquisition specialist — Responsible for the overall support and administration of GGC's recruiting efforts, including determining best methods of identifying, sourcing, assessing and attracting top talent for the organization. Qliaifications include bachelor's degree, five to 10 years of recruiting experience (preferably in a higher education setting) and strong experience with applicant tracking systems.
- Part-time application developer — Develops service oriented architecture applications (SOAs) for an enterprise portal and student information system in addition to kiosk and web services. This position is part of a team that is responsible for technical and professional work in planning, developing, testing and documenting computer application programs and internal systems. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field required.
Lanier Technical College's Oakwood campus:
- Part-time facilities utility technician — Performs a wide variety of maintenance, facility and some custodial duties. Qualifications include a valid Georgia driver's license, general knowledge of carpentry, electrical and plumbing, general knowledge of maintenance and painting duties, skill in operating various hand tools and two or more years of experience in a maintenance capacity.
- Adjunct allied health sciences instructor — Responsible for providing classroom and/or online instruction for various Allied Health Science courses, including, but not limited to medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and introduction to healthcare. Requires a minimum of an associate degree in a medical field or health sciences field from an accredited college or university.