Did you wait to the last minute to get a Valentine's Day gift or, despite the past month of non-stop marketing, did you simply forget?
If you are reading this, you may have just come to the unpleasant realization that Valentine's Day is upon us and you have not purchased a gift for your sweetheart. Never fear, here are 10 quick and easy last minute Valentine's Day gift suggestions to keep you out of the proverbial dog house.
- Homemade gift certificates - Grab a pen, some colored paper and get busy creating
- Romantic gesture - A Patch reader wrote, "One year I came home to about 100 folded pieces of paper all over the bed, each with a different reason why he loves me. Best present ever!" This is a great last minute Valentine's Day gift idea for him or her.
- Sing him or her a love song - Getting serenaded is pretty romantic. Here's a list of 10 romantic songs you could use to woo him or her this Valentine's Day.
- Flowers - Predictable? Yes. Easily obtainable? Yes. A last minute gift idea win? Yes. You can grab a bouquet and then impress him or her with your knowledge of flower lore. To pick up a beautiful bouquet for your sweetheart, visit Flowers & More or the floral departments at the Dacula Kroger, the Hog Mountain Kroger, the Mulberry Publix, the Dacula Publix or the Hamilton Mill Publix.
- Dedicate a book in his or her honor – With just a phone call or a few clicks, you can give your sweetheart an incredibly thoughtful and romantic gift. For $25, you can dedicate a book in his or her honor at the Gwinnett County Public Library. All gift recipients will receive a dedication card. Want to really impress your sweetheart? Dedicate two books for $50, three books for $75, a whole shelf of books for $500 or go all out and dedicate a whole section of books for $2,500. This is a great way to show your love while helping the Dacula Library and Hamilton Mill Library. For more information, call 770-978-5154 or email supportGCPL@gwinnettpl.org.
- Sponsor a dog in your loved one’s name – You can do this online in minutes. Your sweetheart may already have a pet, but here’s a way to get him or her another furry friend without actually bringing one home. For $50 you can sponsor a dog in your sweetheart’s name through Operation Second Chance’s Jail House Dogs. Sponsors receive a certificate when their dog is adopted and have their name listed under their sponsored dog’s photo. This is a great way to make your loved one happy while helping our furry friends.
- Chocolates, candies or other sweets – Once again, this is a quick and easy gift for last minute shoppers. Visit World Delights and Coffee for a selection of melt-in-your-mouth desserts or your favorite grocery store.
- Date night - The restaurants will be crowded, but you should still be able to take your sweetheart to a movie. If this is all you have for Valentine's Day, better let him or her pick the movie -- and splurge for popcorn and Coke. Seriously.
- Cook something special - If you can't get a reservation for his or her favorite restaurant, cook dinner or maybe just whip up a special treat like Magical Chocolate Cookie Bars.
- Post a romantic note for all the world to see - Want to get his or her attention? Publicly declare your love and affection by posting a free Valentine’s Day message for your sweetheart on Dacula Patch.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Pinterest Valentine's Day Crafts and Recipes
- 'Hotlanta' Deemed Sexiest City Based on Erotic Book Purchases
- Top 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
- Top 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
- 10 Free Valentine's Day Gifts for Your Sweetheart
- Dating Auction Website Says Men Paying Average of $131 to 'Buy' a First Date