Valentine’s Day is supposed to be romantic and wonderful, but let’s face it -- sometimes it is just plain stressful trying to figure out what to buy for that special someone. Here are 10 suggestions (in no particular order) to take the worry out of Valentine’s Day and make it a day to remember (and don't forget to send her a Dacula Patch e-Valentine):
1. Dinner and a movie – It sounds simple right? Almost too simple? Date nights are fun. Take her out to dinner at her favorite restaurant and then head to Regal Hamilton Mill Stadium 14 for a movie. If you’re lucky, she’ll want to see "A Good Day to Die Hard" too. If not, buy a Coke and popcorn, sit back and just enjoy holding her hand while you watch whatever chick flick she picks.
2. A special photograph – When is the last time you sat for a professional portrait? What about having a portrait made of you and your children? Give your sweetheart the gift of seeing your handsome face on her desk, the wall or wherever with a professional portrait. Visit the Dacula Patch business directory to search for local photographers.
3. Flowers – Yes, flowers are a go-to Valentine’s gift, but so what? They are beautiful, they are definitely romantic and, unless you pick something she is allergic to, will likely put a smile on her face. Choose carefully though -- flowers speak a language all their own. To pick up a beautiful bouquet for your sweetheart, visit Flowers & More or the floral departments at the Dacula Kroger, the Hog Mountain Kroger, the Mulberry Publix, the Dacula Publix or theHamilton Mill Publix.
4. Lingerie – Give her something the both of you can enjoy. The Dacula Kohl’s has a wide selection of sleepwear ranging from comfortable and practical to sleek and sexy.
5. Jewelry – Don’t let the thought of buying jewelry intimidate you. Jewelry comes in all price ranges and can be anything from fun costume jewelry to serious heirloom quality purchases.
6. Chocolates, candies or other sweets – While candy may be another very traditional Valentine’s Day gift, that doesn’t mean your selection has to be boring. Visit World Delights and Coffee for a selection of melt-in-your-mouth desserts.
7. Art lessons – Does your favorite sweetheart have an artistic side? The Georgia Piedmont Art Center, located just a few minutes away in Auburn, Ga., offers several different classes. Visit the GPAC website for details.
8. A massage – Does your loved one bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan? Or maybe she spends her day managing the home and family? Regardless, she could probably use a break now and then. Treat her to the relaxing experience of a massage.
9. Hot Date Special at Chateau Elan – Share an evening of romance a short distance away at Chateau Elan in Braselton. The resort is currently offering a Valentine's getaway special that includes overnight accommodations at the Inn and a breakfast buffet for two in Versailles the following morning.
10. Sponsor a dog in your loved one’s name – Who doesn’t love animals? Your sweetheart may already have a pet, but here’s a way to get her another furry friend without actually bringing one home. For $50 you can sponsor a dog in your sweetheart’s name through Operation Second Chance’s Jail House Dogs. Sponsors receive a certificate when their dog is adopted and have their name listed under their sponsored dog’s photo. This is a great way to make your loved one happy while helping our furry friends.
Ladies, what would you like for Valentine's Day? Tell us in the comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Pinterest Valentine's Day Crafts and Recipes
- Free Valentine e-Card: Let That Special Someone Know Just How Much You Care
- 'Hotlanta' Deemed Sexiest City Based on Erotic Book Purchases
- Valentine's Day Ceremonies to Be Performed at Historic Courthouse