If you rang in the new year with a smile on your face and a drink in your hand, you may be feeling the aftereffects this morning. Don't let your hangover ruin the first day of 2013. Give one of these remedies a try and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the rest of your day.
1. Have a Coke - eHow.com recommends drinking a can of soda to ease the nausea. "Cola is the best thing because of the fizz or acid it contains. Acid from the soda will help relieve nausea, the liquid will help ease dehydration, and the caffeine and sugar will give you more energy and make you feel somewhat better," the article states.
2. Pop an aspirin - According to Forbes.com, pain relievers such as aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help, but beware since "they can also do a number on your liver when mixed with alcohol -- especially those with acetaminophen, such as Tylenol and Excedrin."
3. Get some exercise - Exercising may be the last thing you want to do, but About.com advises it may be just the thing to help.
4. Stay hydrated - If you failed to drink enough water during an evening of imbibing, the least you can do is get yourself rehydrated ex post facto. According to Lifehacker, drinking plenty of water will help speed hangover recovery.
5. Sex - Leave it to Men's Health to offer up this advice: "There is no research that shows that sex will make a hangover go away, but maybe it will make the time go faster."
What hangover cures have you heard of or tried? Let us know in the comments.