A Buford man appeared nervous and possibly ready to make some significant life changes when stopped for several minor traffic violations on Dec. 6.
Derek E. Howard, 20, was driving a black Chevrolet Impala northbound on I-85 near the Mall of Georgia exit in Buford when a Gwinnet County Police officer noticed Howard fail to signal a lane change. According to the police report, Howard also failed to maintain his lane of travel and had an inoperative tail light. The officer conducted a traffic stop as Howard’s vehicle approached the Hamilton Mill exit.
Howard reportedly was very nervous when speaking with the officer. The officer noted Howard’s hands were visibly shaking and a slight odor of burnt marijuana was emanating from the vehicle. The officer then noticed a “marijuana smoking device” in the cup holder of the vehicle.
Read more on Buford Patch.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Man With ‘Elongated Face’ Reportedly Commits Indecent Act at Gas Station
- Woman Flashes Passing Motorist While Fleeing From Police
- Man Clad Only in Underwear Causes Disturbance at Buford Hotel
- Couple Arrested in Connection With Road Rage Incident
- Items Stolen out of Trunk While Woman Shopped at Mall of Georgia
- Women Report Purses Stolen During Church Group Outing in Buford