A Dacula woman found herself in handcuffs after refusing to listen to reason.
On April 19, police were dispatched to the area of Auburn Road and Dacula Road (near ) in response to a domestic disturbance. The disturbance was reportedly underway at a business called “Friendly’s.” The officer could not locate a business by that name in the area and asked dispatch to contact the caller and verify the location.
Dispatch contacted the caller, later identified as Jennifer Dunahoo of 3051 Michelle Lee Drive in Dacula, and asked her where she was. Dunahoo then said she was at the . The officer eventually located Dunahoo at .
In the arrest report, the officer wrote, “The complainant was so intoxicated she did not know where she was.”
Dunahoo’s husband explained to the officer that Dunahoo had been drinking liquor and wanted to drive home. When the husband refused to give her the car keys, Dunahoo allegedly became upset and called 911.
The officer asked both Dunahoo and her husband to provide a breathalyzer sample. Dunahoo’s blood alcohol level registered at .183. When the officer tried to explain to Dunahoo that she was too intoxicated to drive, Dunahoo reportedly became “loud and boisterous.” The officer warned Dunahoo that if she did not calm down, she would be arrested. At that point, Dunahoo allegedly yelled at the officer, “You have a lot of f***ing nerve!”
The officer responded by telling Dunahoo to turn around so that he could place handcuffs on her. Dunahoo declined to comply, saying “F*** you,” according to the officer’s report.
The officer grabbed Dunahoo’s arm and “placed her on the hood of my car and placed her in handcuffs.”
Dunahoo was transported to the Gwinnett County Jail and charged with disorderly conduct.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Simple battery in the 2500 block of Paul Thomas Drive.
- Burglary in the 1600 block of Ivey Pointe Court.
- Identity fraud in the 600 block of Timber Ives Drive.
- Amphetamine possession in the 1700 block of Harbins Road.
- Battery in the 3100 block of Bailey Road.
- Burglary in the 2900 block of Mill Grove Terrace.
- Entering auto in the 3700 block of Burnt Hickory Drive.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 2600 block of Braselton Highway.
- Theft by taking in the 3700 block of Braselton Highway.
- Burglary in the 500 block of Heritage Woods Drive.
- Entering auto in the 3100 block of Bailey Road.
- Theft by taking in the 2900 block of Merrion Park Lane.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 1200 block of Auburn Road.
- Theft by taking in the 2800 block of Ashton Briar Court.
- Entering auto in the 100 block of Carleton Gold Trail.
- Entering auto in the 900 block of Fairmont Park Drive.
- Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Simple battery in the 2800 block of Crabapple Lane.
- Theft by receiving near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Second Avenue and Wilson Street.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.
You might also be interested in reading: