A Dacula man is now without an all-terrain vehicle after a thief or thieves struck in the middle of the night.
According to the man, his ATV was parked on a trailer in front of his Brooks Road home. During the overnight hours of Jan. 6., a thief or thieves cut the straps securing the ATV to the trailer and rolled the vehicle off the trailer.
There are no known witnesses or suspects.
The ATV, a 1996 red Polaris, has an estimated value of $1,000. The man was unable to provide police with the vehicle identification number at the time of the report which prevented the officer from being able to list the vehicle as stolen in the state database.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Customer’s ‘Yapping’ Leads to Armed Confrontation
- Car Wash Vandalism Caught on Video
- Dacula Docket Book for Jan. 5
- Lock Fails to Stop Thief at Local Gym
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Theft by taking in the 2000 block of Trinity Mill Drive.
- Second-degree criminal damage to property in the 2100 block of Beckenham Place.
- Simple assault in the 2400 block of Millwater Crossing.
- Minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Mobley Drive and Old Freemans Mill Road.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 1500 block of Brooks Road.
- Theft by taking in the 1700 block of Winder Highway.
- Theft by taking in the 1000 block of Martins Chapel Road.
- Simple battery in the 1100 block of Alysum Avenue.
- Second-degree criminal damage to property in the 1700 block of Heatherton Road.
- Simple assault in the 2200 block of Mitford Court.
- Battery in the 2300 block of Lakeside Drive.
- First-degree forgery in the 2600 block of Ginger Drive.
- Stolen, lost or mislaid property in the 2900 block of Old Fountain Road.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click here for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.