An Auburn man lost a car window and $2,600 during a May 18 car break-in at the .
The victim withdrew $2,600 from the on Hamilton Creek Parkway at approximately 10:40 a.m. Once he returned to his gray Dodge Ram, he counted the money and placed it in the center console. The victim them withdrew a small amount of cash from the Wells Fargo ATM and drove over to the Home Depot.
The victim parked his vehicle and went inside to shop. When he returned to his vehicle 20 minutes later, he discovered the window had been smashed and the $2,600 in cash had been taken. Nothing else in the truck had been disturbed according to the police report.
The video surveillance cameras at Home Depot do not cover the area of the parking lot where the victim parked. Wells Fargo was asked to review their video footage to see if any clues as to the identity of the perpetrator can be found.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Possession of less than one ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Clack Road and Fence Road.
- Theft by taking in the 3700 block of Biltmore Oaks Drive.
- Entering auto in the 2700 block of Hamilton Mill Road.
- Burglary in the 3700 block of Indian Shoals Road.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 2700 block of Araglin Drive.
- Burglary in the 1300 block of Mineral Springs Road.
- Identity fraud in the 3400 block of Jim Moore Road.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 800 block of Dacula Road.
- Two cases of entering auto in the 1400 block of Drowning Creek Road.
- Simple assault in the 3300 block of Galloping Bend Way.
- Simple battery in the 2700 block of Carolina Drive.
- Identity fraud in the 1600 block of Dacula Oaks Trail.
- Battery in the 3400 block of Sandy Bank Drive.
- Burglary in the 2700 block of Wilding Green Lane.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 300 block of Franklin Drive.
- Disorderly conduct in the 200 block of Dacula Road.
- Theft, lost or mislaid property in the 3400 block of Millwater Crossing.
- First-degree forgery in the 300 block of Harbins Road.
- Simple assault in the 2300 block of Stanley Road.
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Braselton Highway and Hamilton Creek Parkway.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.
You might also be interested in reading: