An unsatisfactory paint job may have led to the theft of a Dacula man’s truck.
The victim told police he took his truck to a body shop in Flowery Branch for a paint job on Aug. 26. After the paint job was finished, the victim was unable to arrange a time to pick up the truck during regular shop hours. According to the victim, he went to the shop after hours on Sept. 2, retrieved his vehicle and left a check for $1,250 at the business without the shop owner’s knowledge or approval.
After a closer inspection of the paint job, the victim was dissatisfied and stopped payment on the check.
On Sept. 11, the victim walked outside his Brisbane Drive home shortly after midnight and discovered his truck was gone. The victim said he saw two “suspicious” vehicles driving away from his residence at a high rate of speed.
The victim believes the body shop owner came to his residence and took the truck due to lack of payment for the paint job.
The stolen vehicle is a gold 2002 Dodge Ram bearing Georgia tag BNN4029. The truck has minor damage to the rear chrome bumper.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Burglary in the 2000 block of Amberly Crossing Lane.
- Entering auto in the 2100 block of Indian Ivey Lane.
- Battery in the 700 block of Simon Park Circle.
- Entering auto in the 800 block of Grand Ivey Place.
- Theft by taking in the 3400 block of Fielder’s Point.
- Burglary in the 1800 block of Old Fountain Road.
- Entering auto in the 2600 block of Freemans Walk Drive.
- Theft, lost/mislaid property in the 2700 block of Jay Oak Drive.
- Burglary in the 1100 block of Forest Crest Court.
- Entering auto in the 800 block of Georgian Point Drive.
- Entering auto in the 200 block of Dacula Road.
- Simple assault in the 2000 block of Lilac Arbor Way.
- Entering auto in the 4900 block of Spout Springs Road.
- Simple battery in the 1200 block of Brookton Woods Way.
- Battery in the 800 block of Wolfbane Trail.
- Simple battery in the 1700 block of Ivey Pointe Court.
- Simple battery in the 700 block of Bentgrass Court.
- Simple battery in the 400 block of Harbins Road.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.