Less than two months after , the has once again been burglarized.
Gwinnett County Police were dispatched to the Second Avenue business shortly after 4 a.m. on June 11 in response to an alarm call. When officers arrived at the pharmacy, they discovered the front glass door had been smashed.
Inside the pharmacy, officers found several pill bottles on the floor. Another pill bottle was found during a search of the grounds. K-9 units responded to the scene and attempted to track the suspect, but were unable to pick up a scent due to heavy rainfall.
Video surveillance showed a male suspect smash the glass door with what appeared to be a metal pipe. The suspect then ran to the back of the store where there are no cameras and stole several bottle of pills including Aprazolam, Metoprol and Phentemin.
The owner of the store advised police he believes the suspect is the same one shown in surveillance footage from the April 23 burglary. During that incident, a white male suspect wearing a dark-colored sweatshirt with a hood used an unidentified tool to smash the front window of the business before fleeing with several bottles of drugs.
The incident is the third Dacula-area burglary involving narcotics in the past two months. On May 14, . More than 2,000 pills were stolen out of a drug storage cabinet at Covenant Family Medicine on Teron Trace in the Hamilton Mill area.
No arrests have been made in any of the cases according to GCPD public information officer Cpl. Jake Smith. Investigators were able to recover physical evidence in the Covenant Family Medicine burglary and are awaiting lab results, Smith said.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Entering auto near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Parkway and Hillgrove Drive.
- Marijuana possession in the 1600 block of Hamilton Mill Parkway.
- Simple battery in the 2700 block of Evanston Court.
- Theft by deception in the 2000 block of Skybrooke Lane.
- Theft by taking in the 2100 block of Stanley Road.
- Identity fraud in the 1900 block of Lee Patrick Drive.
- Entering auto in the 1000 block of Ewing Chapel Road.
- Theft by taking in the 2000 block of Tribble Walk Drive.
- Assault in the 1200 block of Great Shoals Circle.
- Entering auto in the 500 block of Rock Elm Drive.
- Burglary in the 2900 block of Freemans Mill Road.
- Identity fraud in the 1100 block of Balvaird Drive.
- Entering auto in the 1800 block of Oak Wind Lane.
- Theft by taking in the 2300 block of Ashton Ridge Drive.
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Theft by taking in the 100 block of Broad Street.
- Battery in the 800 block of Harbins View Drive.
- Sexual battery near the intersection of Franklin Drive and Freemans Mill Road.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.
You might also be interested in reading: