Gwinnett County Police were called to the Millwater Crossing home on Dec. 29 after the Hamilton Mill resident exited his house and discovered the garage door was open. The man then noticed the driver's side door on his vehicle was not completely closed.
Upon checking the vehicle, the man realized it had been searched since all of the internal compartments had been opened. The only item taken was a pair of sunglasses valued at $180. After realizing his car had been entered, the man checked his garage and noticed several items were missing including an $1,100 racing bike, a $600 yard blower, a $250 edger and a $250 gas trimmer.
The man told police he believes the thief or thieves used the garage door opener in his vehicle to gain access to the garage. The opener, he said, is very quiet and would not have been audible inside the residence.
There was no sign of forced entry to the vehicle or garage. The man advised his vehicle had not been locked.
The case is listed as active.
- Laptop and Other Items Stolen out of Cars, Later Found in Yard
- Fatal Accident Occurred on 'Rim Bender' Trail Section
- Police Identify Man Killed in Harbins Park Accident
- Man Dies in Accident at Harbins Park
- Suspect in Custody in Dacula Homicide, Victim Identified
- Presents Snatched During Christmas Eve Car Break-in
- Dacula Man Leads Deputy on Chase Reaching Speeds up to 110 MPH