A stolen car was recovered in Dacula, unfortunately it was on fire when found.
According to police, a passerby called 911 after seeing a 2001 Impala in flames alongside Whitley Road. The passerby reported passing the vehicle earlier and seeing a person standing nearby. When the passerby drove past a short while later, the vehicle was on fire.
When fire crews arrived, the vehicle was fully involved. The fire was determined to have been deliberately set.
The vehicle was reported stolen the following day.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Amphetamine possession in the 1900 block of Pine Road.
- Theft by deception in the 3300 block of Harmon Ridge Court.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Vandalism in the 2600 block of Hillgrove Drive.
- Burglary in the 900 block of Martins Chapel Road.
- Simple battery in the 1200 block of Dacula Road.
- Simple battery in the 900 block of Redstone Road.
- Burglary in the 3100 block of Dolostone Way.
- Simple battery in the 2700 block of Olivine Drive.
- Burglary in the 1500 block of Gracebrook Drive.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 2000 block of Whitley Road.
- Criminal attempt to commit financial transaction card fraud in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Simple battery in the 2800 block of Meridian Drive.
- Entering auto in the 3000 block of Grove View Court.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Burglary in the 1000 block of Evergreen Oak Way.
- Burglary in the 1600 block of Alcovy River Drive.
- Entering auto in the 1100 block of Shellnut Trail.
- Entering auto in the 4700 block of Ardmore Lane.
- Battery in the 3500 block of Indian Shoals Road.
- Entering auto in the 1300 block of Misty Valley Court.
- Marijuana possession near the intersection of Auburn Road and Dacula Road.
- Simple battery in the 1500 block of Wilkes Crest Drive.
- Arson in the 1700 block of Luke Edwards Road.