Gwinnett County Police say a Dacula man is responsible for a chain reaction accident that claimed the life of a McDonough man on Sept. 24.
According to police, 42-year-old Kenneth Griffin of Dacula was driving a red BMW westbound in the left turn lane on Beaver Ruin Road near I-85 shortly after 5 p.m. Three other vehicles and a motorcycle were stopped in the left turn lane. Griffin reportedly failed to stop and crashed into the other vehicles.
The motorcyclist, identified as 38-year-old Brandon Roy of McDonough, died at the scene. Three other people, including Griffin, were transported to Gwinnett Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
“This investigation continues and charges are pending,” wrote Gwinnett County Police public information officer Cpl. Ed Ritter in a released statement.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Tattooed Man Killed on I-85 Ran Out of Gas
- Mill Creek Student Killed in Weekend Car Accident
- Tire Tread Blamed for Fatal Accident
- Man Killed in Accident on I-85
- Charges Filed Against Loganville Man in Fatal H.E.R.O. Accident
- Tragic Accident Claims Life of Auburn Toddler