Family Displaced in Early Morning Fire

No one injured after home catches on fire, but house extensively damaged.

The Red Cross was called to assist three adults and three children after an early morning fire heavily damaged an Auburn home.

Fire crews were dispatched to a house in the 2000 block of Blackberry Lane in Auburn at 3:36 a.m. after one of the residents reported the home was on fire. When firefighters arrived eight minutes later, the family was already outside the residence.

"On arrival, crews found heavy fire involvement through the roof," said Gwinnett Fire and Emergency Services public information officer Lt. Colin Rhoden in a press release.  "Fire attack lines were laid and an aggressive interior attack was made." 

According to the GCFES press release, the fire caused heavy damage to the interior of the home. Fire investigators believe the blaze was accidental and may have originated from an electrical outlet.

You might also be interested in reading:


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »