Arson investigators were called to a Dacula subdivision last week after someone set fire to several recycling bins.
The morning of May 13, a homeowner in the 1100 block of Evergreen Oak Way discovered someone had ignited his recycling bin causing the plastic container to melt to the sidewalk. While an officer was at the scene taking the report, another homeowner stopped to advise another recycling bin had been burned in the 1200 block of the same street. Neither homeowner reported seeing or hearing anything suspicious.
According to the police report, several recycling bins have been set on fire in the neighborhood since April 22.
Both cases are listed as active.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Burglary in the 2800 block of Hill Circle.
- Battery in the 1700 block of Hedington Court.
- Entering auto near the intersection of Campbell Road and Wilson Manor Way.
- Burglary in the 1000 block of Nours Circle.
- Entering auto in the 2100 block of Paces Vale Place.
- Battery in the 900 block of Red Wolf Court.
- Simple assault in the 1400 block of Millmoore Terrace.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 2500 block of Hamilton Chase Run.
- Battery in the 2700 block of Callie Still Road.
- Burglary in the 2000 block of Luke Edwards Road.
- Entering auto in the 2400 block of New Hope Road.
- Burglary in the 800 block of Harbins Road.
- Shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.