After a , manager Joan Ferrante said her company is taking steps to prevent future occurrences.
“Hopefully by highlighting this problem we can help combat it,” Ferrante said in an emailed statement. “We take this matter very seriously and have taken a number of extra measures to prevent further break ins, and help capture the thieves.”
According to Ferrante, has implemented the following measures to help protect gym members:
- Established a point of contact with .
- Installed motion activated cameras in the parking lot.
- Posted signs outside the building .
- Placed the same sign at the front desk counter where our members check in.
- Attended a .
- Placed handouts from the meeting, Crime Prevention Tips – Theft from vehicles, at the front desk where members check in.
- Instructed employees to conduct random checks of the parking lot.
Ferrante pointed out that during the last break-in, . The thief eluded capture.
“Every bit of information we can get out there will be helpful,” Ferrante wrote. “Most importantly we must remain vigilant not to leave our valuables in our vehicles and report suspicious activity to the police.”