A local insurance office has now been burglarized twice this month.
On July 16, Gwinnett County Police were called to the State Farm office on Hog Mountain Church Road after one of the agents arrived at work and discovered the business had been burglarized.
The suspect is believed to have entered the business by removing a window air conditioning unit and climbing through the window. After rummaging through the office, the suspect apparently left the office through the window and put the air conditioning unit back in place. The agent did not discover anything missing from the office.
The burglary is the second one at the location this month. On July 1, the business was burglarized and cash removed from a desk drawer. The agent believes the suspect may have been looking for cash during the second burglary as well.
The agent provided police with the name of a State Farm customer who is believed to be responsible for both burglaries.
The GCPD crime scene investigation unit responded to the scene to fingerprint the air conditioning unit and the surrounding area.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Simple battery near the intersection of Rock Elm Drive and Tupelo Trail.
- Criminal damage in the 2000 block of Trinity Mill Drive.
- Battery near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and Sardis Church Road.
- Identity fraud in the 1100 block of Alysum Avenue.
- Identity fraud in the 2300 block of Taylor Pointe Way.
- Burglary in the 3000 block of June Ivey Road.
- DUI arrests near the intersection of Harbins Road and Jona Trail.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Battery in the 300 block of Dacula Road.
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana in the 3100 block of Woodwind Lane.
- Entering auto in the 2200 block of Lazy Days Road.
- Simple assault in the 1600 block of Treybyrne Court.
- Simple battery in the 900 block of Rock Elm Drive.
- Entering auto in the 2800 block of Meridian Drive.
- Entering auto in the 1500 block of Grove Arbor Court.
- Entering auto in the 3200 block of Mill Grove Terrace.
- Entering auto in the 3100 block of Mill Grove Terrace.
- Entering auto in the 2000 block of Southern Walk Terrace.
- Entering auto in the 2900 block of Waverly Place Drive.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 2200 block of Lazy Days Road.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 4000 block of Avonlea Way.
- Simple assault in the 2800 block of Blue Stone Court.
- Battery in the 2500 block of Pharr Avenue.
- Entering auto in the 900 block of Harbins Pass.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.