A Winder man decided not to let an Aug. 22 incident of bad driving go without making his thoughts known to the other driver.
The man told police he was traveling on Winder Highway towards Dacula in the left lane on the two-lane portion of the roadway with a vehicle in front of him, one behind him and another -- a green Jeep Grand Cherokee -- beside in him in the right lane. The man explained that as the lanes began to merge into one lane, the driver of the Jeep Grand Cherokee sped up in order to cut in front of the Winder man and ended up forcing him to swerve his vehicle into oncoming traffic.
The man followed the Jeep Grand Cherokee to the stoplight at the intersection of Winder Highway and Harbins Road. According to the Gwinnett County Police report, the man exited his vehicle, walked up to the Jeep Grand Cherokee and asked the driver why he cut him off.
The driver reportedly pointed a handgun at the man's chest and replied, “You need to back the [expletive deleted] up or I’ll shoot you.”
The Winder man returned to his vehicle and called 911.
The man described the driver as a white male in his late twenties with spiked brown hair. The man also provided police with the tag number of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but the registration records indicated the tag was not assigned to that vehicle.
In the report, the officer noted that he advised the man to call authorities if this type of incident happened again instead of confronting the other driver.
“I explained to him that even though the driver of the other vehicle shouldn’t have pointed a gun at him, that driver didn’t know who he was either or if he was armed too,” the officer wrote.
You might also be interested in reading:
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Simple battery in the 1200 block of Torrey Place.
- Theft, lost or mislaid property in the 500 block of Dacula Road.
- Simple battery in the 500 block of Wilson Manor Circle.
- Simple battery in the 500 block of Stephens Point Drive.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Theft by taking in the 700 block of Dacula Road.
- Theft by taking in the 1100 block of Dacula Road.
- Battery in the 2400 block of Braselton Highway.
- Drug possession/trafficking near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Robbery in the 500 block of Dacula Road. LINK
- Simple assault in the 2000 block of Well Springs Drive.
- Minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Braselton Highway and Kings Cross Way.
- Possession of amphetamines near the intersection of Braselton Highway and Hamilton Mill Parkway.
- DUI arrest near the intersection of Braselton Highway and Gravel Springs Road.
- Burglary in the 2000 block of Lilac Arbor Way.
- Entering auto in the 3900 block of Fairlane Drive.
- Battery in the 2900 block of Ivy Mill Drive.
- Identity fraud in the 2400 block of Old Peachtree Road.
- Aggravated assault near the intersection of Harbins Road and Winder Highway.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.