A Gwinnett County Police officer was traveling on Auburn Road near Old Fountain Road when a red Saab driven by Jonathon Liston, 25, of Buford, reportedly pulled out of the Shell station at the intersection and nearly struck the cruiser, which was traveling towards Braselton Highway, on the front driver's side quarter panel.
The officer initiated a traffic stop and, upon speaking with Liston, reportedly noticed an odor of alcohol. The officer asked Liston if he had been drinking and when Liston admitted he had, the officer contacted a member of the GCPD DUI Task Force to take over the investigation.
The DUI Task Force officer determined Liston had been driving under the influence and placed him under arrest.
"The driver refused to give a breath sample, so I obtained a search warrant for his blood," the officer wrote. "Ten Eight Forensic dispatched a nurse who completed the blood alcohol kit."
Liston was transported to the Gwinnett County Jail and cited for DUI and failure to yield. He was released on a $2,074 bond later that morning.
Want to be notified each time a new Dacula crime article is posted? Go to the Dacula Patch crime page and click on "Get email updates." Have information to share with the community regarding criminal activity? Post a crime alert.See also:
- Student Says Stranger Attempted to Grab Her on Trail Near Mill Creek High School
- Thief Goes on Spending Spree With Credit Card Stolen out of Dacula Gym Locker
- Another Incident of Gate Damage Blamed on Newspaper Delivery Complaint
- Woman Goes out of Town, Returns Home to Find People Removing Her Belongings
- Man Believes Complaint About Newspaper Delivery Led to $14K in Thefts, Damage