A Barrow County man is facing several felony charges after being stopped in Dacula’s .
Police say Waylon Dean Wilson, 30, of 940 Atlanta Highway in Winder, was driving through the park on Feb. 17 when an officer noticed the dark tint on the windows of Wilson’s 1992 Chevrolet pickup truck.
The officer pulled Wilson over and determined the window tint was darker than allowed by state law. According to the police report, when the officer asked if there was anything illegal in the vehicle, Wilson replied, “Yeah, maybe.”
Upon further questioning, Wilson admitted having drugs. During the subsequent search of the vehicle, the officer found a substance inside a tackle box which field tested positive for methamphetamine.
When asked about the methamphetamine, Wilson told the officer it was for a friend.
Officers continued searching the vehicle and located two more small baggies containing suspected methamphetamine and methamphetamine residue. Officers also located an electronic pipe that Wilson admitted was used to smoke methamphetamine and marijuana.
Wilson was placed under arrest and charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug related objects and a window tint violation.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the Gwinnett Police Department include:
- Burglary in the 4100 block of Jim Moore Road.
- Weapons offense in the 300 block of Hever Castle Way.
- Simple assault in the 1800 block of Millside Terrace.
- Theft by taking in the 200 block of Dacula Road.
- Theft of tag in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Marijuana trafficking at the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Fraud in the 2200 block of Hurricane Shoals Road.
- Fraud in the 2500 block of Millwater Crossing.
- Entering auto in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Battery in the 220 block of Stanley Road.
- Theft by taking in the 1200 block of Auburn Road.
- Marijuana possession at the intersection of Hamilton Mill Parkway and Hog Mountain Road.
- DUI arrest at the intersection of Braselton Highway and Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Cocaine possession at the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Burglary in the 3600 block of Fence Road.
- DUI arrest at the intersection of Freeman’s Mill Road and Winder Highway.
- Disturbing the peace in the 2400 block of Hamilton Mill Road.
- Simple battery on McCannon Mill Road.
- Larceny in the 2800 block of Barimore Place.
- Criminal trespass at the intersection of Hamilton Mill Parkway and Braselton Highway.