A Lawrenceville man said he was attacked in the parking lot of a Dacula restaurant on Dec. 2 and robbed of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry and other items.
The man told police he had been drinking at Del Rio, located at 1342 Auburn Road in Dacula, and had consumed “six or seven shots of tequila and was rather intoxicated.”
The man said he left Del Rio at 12:35 a.m. As he was walking towards his car, several males reportedly “came out of nowhere” and started punching him.
“[The man] said that he was initially attacked on the sidewalk and somehow ended up on an adjacent landscaping island in the parking lot,” the officer noted in the report. “[The man] said that he was unsure of many details because of his intoxication.”
When the attack ended, the man discovered several of his belongings had been stolen. According to the man, his attackers took a Rolex Submariner watch valued at $10,000, an $8,000 diamond and ruby bracelet, a $12,000 gold necklace and his iPhone 4S.
The said he did not recognize his attackers and added, "I haven't pissed anyone off recently."
The man’s girlfriend said she arrived at the scene in time to see two males assaulting her boyfriend but said she did not see them steal anything. According to the girlfriend, the two males left in a silver Honda Civic. The girlfriend described both suspects as white males, both approximately 6-feet tall and weighing 200 pounds. She said the first suspect had a muscular build, tan skin and dark hair “almost buzz cut.” The other male had “short dirty blonde hair” and was of average build.
The man did not report the incident to police until 15 hours later because he feared he would get in trouble for drinking alcohol since he is on probation for DUI and is not supposed to drink as a condition of his probation.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Arrestee: ‘How the Hell Did I Get in a Police Car?’
- Man Tells Cop He Was Going to Sell Crack Cocaine to Raise Some Cash
- Man Arrested for Stalking Neighbor
- Police: Holidays Bring Increase in Credit Card Fraud Cases
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Burglary in the 1300 block of Franklin Circle.
- Battery in the 500 block of Auburn Road.
- Simple battery in the 3100 block of Mia Court.
- Theft by taking in the 400 block of Hurricane Trail Road.
- Theft by taking in the 3700 block of Braselton Highway.
- Simple battery in the 2500 block of Betty Sue Drive.
- Disorderly conduct in the 1300 block of Auburn Road.
- Sexual battery in the 2300 block of Liam Avenue.
- Simple battery in the 1700 block of Alcovy River Drive.
- Theft of mail in the 2600 block of Biltmore Rose Court.
- Simple assault in the 500 block of Tanner Road.
- Entering auto in the 2400 block of Hamilton Mill Road.
- Simple battery in the 1800 block of Appaloosa Lane.
- Theft by taking in the 2700 block of Freemans Mill Road.
- Identity fraud in the 3300 block of Brooksong Way.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.