An Athens man called the Barrow County Sheriff's Office on Dec. 21 to report he had been illegally detained while traveling on Phillipsburg Drive. The man said both he and his son, who is moving into the neighborhood, had been flagged down while driving through the subdivision and questioned about what they were doing in the area.
"[The Athens man] stated that he felt that his constitutional rights were violated because the male subject had no right to speak to him as he was driving through the neighborhood," the deputy wrote in the report. "He stated that he feels that he was stopped because he was a black male driving through the area."
Read more on Barrow Patch.
- Shot in the Buttocks: Man Says Daughter's Boyfriend Fired BB Gun at Him
- Woman Claims Man Stole Ham, Dozen Eggs
- Man With a 'Numb' Look, Droopy Eyes Claims to Be Having 'Some Kind of Mental Break'
- Barrow Mugshots: Aggravated Sexual Battery, Tampering With Evidence and Other Charges
- Jeep With 'Severely Mangled' Front End Found Crashed Into Retaining Wall
- High-Speed Pursuit Ends in Arrest of Suspected Drunk Driver