One man sustained minor injuries during a July 5 altercation at a Brooks Road address.
A tenant told police he was moving his belongings out of a rented trailer when his landlord struck him in the head “for no reason.” The tenant said he and the landlord struggled and, at some point during the confrontation, the landlord pulled out a knife. According to the tenant, he was able to get on top of the landlord and hold him down until the two stopped fighting.
The landlord denied pulling a knife and accused the tenant of hitting in him the arm with a stick or some other object. According to the police report, “The two got into a physical fight at that point and began to hit each other in a mutual combat situation.”
The landlord sustained a cut on his arm during the fight. The tenant was not injured.
The officer was unable to determine who started the fight. As a result, no charges were filed and no arrests were made.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Simple assault in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Identity fraud in the 1100 block of Lamont Circle.
- Burglary in the 2600 block of Thompson Mill Road.
- Prescription fraud in the 500 block of Dacula Road.
- Simple battery in the 1200 block of Mineral Springs Road.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 2600 block of Harbins Road.
- Entering auto in the 2000 block of Lavender Court.
- Burglary in the 2700 block of Daniel Park Run.
- Battery in the 2300 block of Cammie Wages Road.
- Entering auto in the 700 block of Winnbrook Drive.
- Theft/lost or mislaid property in the 2800 block of Hamilton Mill Road.
- Simple battery in the 4200 block of Kings Cross Way.
- Aggravated assault in the 1900 block of Brooks Road.
- Entering auto in the 400 block of Alcovy Park Drive.
- Disturbing the peace in the 700 block of Dacula Road.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.